University of Washington, Seattle, Wash.
Sept. 2014 to June 2016 (expected)
Western Washington University, Bellingham, Wash.
Public relations emphasis, Dual minors in business administration & French language
Degree received June 2012
Online Community Manager
Projectline Service, Inc.
August 2014 - present
• Monitor conversations about Office 365 and OneNote across social media and address important mentions in real-time through engagement, escalation, or documentation.
• Proactively respond to complaints, requests, and mentions of advocacy in owned and earned social media to provide an unmatched level of customer service and support.
• Maintain a consistent voice across channels aligned with branding and target audience.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to plan and execute content and integrate parallel efforts.
• Understand trending topics, community needs, and interests of the target audience across social media.
• Generate insight into community health and provide recommendations.
Lead Content Creator
Bramble Berry Soapmaking Supplies
March 2013 to present
• Organize, maintain and produce daily editorial content for the Soap Queen blog, which generates more than $50,000 in revenue for Bramble Berry per month.
• Plan, write and edit scripts and projects for Soap Queen TV, Bramble Berry's popular YouTube channel with more than 65,000 subscribers and 6.8 million collective views.
• Work with Chief Marketing Officer to develop and implement community promotion and engagement strategies and ensure social media content coordinates with marketing calendar as appropriate.
• Develop and maintain Social Media Team training resources, guidelines, and policies.
• Ensure content is adapted to specific channels while maintaining strong, consistent brand messaging across platforms.
• Answer questions, troubleshoot problems and interact with customers in real time via Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
The Reykjavík Grapevine
Sept. 2012 to Dec. 2012
• Produced a comprehensive guide of art and music listings each month as part of Iceland’s most widely distributed English language news magazine (25,000 copies per issue; 18 issues per year).
• Researched, pitched and wrote 17 published pieces, ranging from news briefs to full-length feature stories.
• See my complete archive of Grapevine stories here.
Communications & Outreach Intern
United Way of Whatcom County
April 2012 to June 2012
• Researched and wrote media outreach materials and online content detailing United Way’s goals, upcoming
campaigns and achievements.
• Helped plan and facilitate the production of a large-scale awards banquet (400+ attendees) and
dinner reception for United Way donors.
• Read my story about the importance of financial literacy and its impact on community health here.
Editor in Chief
The AS Review
Sept. 2011 to June 2012
• Delegated story & photo assignments and fact-checking responsibilities to four staff writers, one staff photographer and one assistant editor.
• Designed weekly layout of the paper, edited photos and stories, fact-checked and lead weekly staff meetings.
• Managed a printing budget of $35,000 for 31 issues.
• Maintained a social media presence for the paper.
• From Sept. 2010 - June 2011 I was a staff writer for the paper. See an archive of my articles here.